As written a few days ago, the Cubic Ninja 3DS Homebrew Channel Exploit was released over the weekend. This post has instructions on how to install 3Ds Homebrew Launcher. As already announced, to be able to use the exploit, you need the game Cubic Ninja, of course a Nintendo 3Ds (Old,New,XL version are supported) / 2Ds, an SD card that is compatible with your 3Ds and a working active Wi-Fi Internet connection.
Nintendo 3D’s Homebrew Guide
Contents of the SD card for the Nintendo 3Ds Homebrew Launcher
If all the requirements are met, we can now start installing the Homebrew Launcher on the Nintendo 3Ds via QR code exploit. Note that you have to repeat the steps from point 3 every time you turn off the Nintendo 3D, since the Homebrew Chanel is only temporarily installed on the device.
- First you need the Hombrew Channel as boot.3dsx on your SD card. You can also see what the content of the SD card should look like in the picture on the right. Alternatively, you can also download the finished starter package. This includes the Homebrew Channel and 4 demo programs to start and test. Including the Minecraft Clone 3dscraft. You can find more homebrew software in relevant forums or on the website http://www.3dbrew.org.
- The easiest way is to unpack the starter.zip directly into the root directory of your Nintendo 3Ds SD card. Then, of course, you plug it back into your device.
- Next you get your personal QR code so that the Homebrew Channel can be installed. You can get this QR code this website. You also need the version number of your firmware. This can be found in the 3Ds settings. If your firmware cannot be found on the website, simply use the highest firmware that you can select. After that, your QR code should appear on the monitor.
- Now start your Nintendo 3Ds and the game Cubic Ninja. In the main menu of the game now choose the point Edit->QR code on.
- Now scan the previously created QR code with your device. A steady hand is an advantage here 😀
- If the scan is successful, you will now be asked if you want to install the Homebrew Channel. Press the A button on your device for yes. The Homebrew Channel will now install and launch.
- When using the starter pack, the first Nintendo 3Ds homebrew programs should now be visible.
That’s it already. The Homebrew Channel is installed on your device and can be used again at any time as long as the 3Ds is not switched off. Of course, there can always be a few problems when using and installing the Homebrew Channel. Here is a list of the most common 3Ds Homebrew Channel problems.
3D’s Homebrew Channel Troubleshooting
- When scanning the QR code, I get an error and end up back in the menu: This happens when the QR code is not recognized and/or the scanning process takes too long. Just try a little until it works.
- The installation no longer works after I have updated my console: If you install a firmware update after installing your 3Ds for the first time, you must delete the Cubic Ninja savegame files, otherwise problems may arise. To do this, simply press the buttons in the Cubic Ninja main menu L+R+X+Y Hold down for a few seconds until the game asks you if you want to delete your savegames.
- When scanning the QR Code, the web browser opens or the installation of the 3Ds Homebrew Launcher stops at 70%: Then you selected the wrong firmware when creating the QR code, which does not match your Nintendo 3Ds.
- QR code is wrong/invalid: This is due to an error on the website. Try again later.
- Delete Ninjahax and the Homebrew Channel entirely: Simply add the Cubic Ninja savegame files L+R+X+Y delete it in the main menu and restart the 3Ds completely.
Found any other errors or solutions? Just write me a comment and I will expand this post with it. Please keep in mind that the Homebrew Channel is not intended to play pirated copies or anything similar on your 3Ds. The 3Ds Homebrew Channel is intended for launching unsigned programs and games by hobbyists on the 3Ds.